Note From Meet Director: Schedule:
1:30pm - Packet Pickup
2:30pm - Coaches Meeting
3:00pm - Rookie Boys
3:30pm - Rookie Girls
4:00pm - JV Boys (1A-4A)
4:30pm - JV Girls
5:00pm - JV Boys (5A-6A)
5:30pm - Varsity Girls
6:00pm - Varsity Boys
We are really looking forward to the Invitational on Friday. Here are some final important details to be aware of...
1. We have made a few minor adjustments to the course because of the large race numbers. The main change to be aware of is that we moved the starting line over one fairway to give us a wider start line and reduce congestion at the finish area. The new map is attached to this email.
2. Please ask your athletes to inform their parents and fans of two main things: a) Spectators will be charged $5 - cash preferred but we can accept cards (this is to offset the high cost of golf course rental). b) give yourself plenty of time to get to the race - traffic will be high because of Labor Day weekend, and PARKING may take some time and effort. The spectator parking options are listed in the attachment. We have 900 more athletes than last year, and we had some parking challenges a year ago. We have added some spectator parking options including a shuttle bus from a large parking lot at Canyon Road Church (1390 Canyon Road). Encourage spectators to carpool where possible.
3. Buses will turn around at the end of Park Blvd and THEN drop athletes off at the main course entrance (1490 Park Blvd). The first 20 buses will be able to park at Rainbow Gardens (1851 Valley Drive). The rest of the buses will need to use the bus overflow parking at Canyon Road Church (1390 Canyon Road). At the end of the meet, please don't call your buses in until your team is all ready to go. We expect some delays in loading buses at the end of the day.
4) Please remind your athletes to stay off of the greens and tee boxes. We will have people on patrol throughout the afternoon. If any permanent damage is done to the course due to goofing off, we will have to fine your school for the cost of repair. Please clean up your area at the end of the meet. We will have garbage bags available.
5) Bring your checks to the meet or send them in ASAP. Invoices will be in your race packets.
Most of all, we ask for your patience with the traffic issues. We love the course and would like to keep the race at El Monte, and we love that so many teams are going to be involved, but we know there are issues in getting everyone (athletes and spectators) into that area.
The course is all grass. 1/4 inch spikes are allowed. Bring your own water and shade.
Coaches must absolutely ensure care of the golf course and facilities. At no time can athletes, coaches, staff or spectators disrupt or tamper
with any part of the golf course, especially the greens! No picking up golf balls and No walking, running, sitting or laying on greens or tee-boxes. Please show respect at all times so that we are invited back.
Trainers will be available
El Monte Golf Course
1300 Valley Drive; Ogden, UT 84401
(At the mouth of Ogden Canyon)
Directions: Enter from the North Side of the Golf Course, off of Park Blvd by the Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park. From I-15, take the 12th Street Exit (344) and head east to Ogden Canyon. Take a right on Valley Drive and a Right on Park Blvd. The course entrance is a half a mile down on your left side (past Timbermine Steakhouse).
Along Park Blvd and In the southeast Timbermine parking lot (1701 Park Blvd)
El Monte Clubhouse (1300 Valley Drive) - Walk down the hill to the course.
Ogden Canyon Trailhead (1800 East Canyon Road) (½ mile walk to the entrance)
Canyon Road Church (1390 Canyon Road) (shuttle bus every 15 minutes)